Cool apple tart
- No-bake (raw)
- Dairy free (Vegan-Friendly)
- Egg and flour free
- Refined sugar-free
Well, apple season has officially started and we use them to make the healthiest sweets. Apple is an excellent fruit, which, in addition to the many benefits it offers for our health; it is also used as the main ingredient for delicious and healthy pastries. The options this fruit offers are limitless.
In this post, we will make a light and healthy dairy-free, egg-free and refined sugar-free apple tart that is so easy to make and I promise you are going to make it over and over again for yourself and your family! It's a healthy dessert without saturated fats and processed sugar that you will eat without remorse. And let's not forget, healthy does not mean immortality!
So the main ingredient is the apple!
Apple is a fruit with a high content of soluble fiber (pectin), high water content, antioxidants and polyphenols. It is consumed with its peel, which makes it even more "rich" than we have mentioned.
High fiber content and antioxidant properties offer cardiovascular protection (research has shown that apple consumption helps reduce total cholesterol and "bad" blood cholesterol).
In addition, its consumption helps in good bowel function and in the regulation of blood sugar.
Numerous scientific studies have also shown that apple consumption may protect against asthma development, it protects the eyes and bones and reduces the risk of developing neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease.
Let us not forget the saying "an apple a day, the doctor is doing it"!
The crust of the tart is made of dried dates and grated hazelnuts.. Hazelnuts are high in fiber and beneficial unsaturated fat. It does not contain flour or butter and is so delicious to be careful not to eat it plain.
You will need only a mixer and a cake pan with detachable walls.
Ingredients for the crust:
- 240gr of hazelnuts
- 170gr medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- Pinch of salt (fleur de sel)
Ingredients for the filling:
- 190gr peeled apples
- 50gr medjool dates
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 30gr walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ lemon zest
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Ingredients for topping:
- 2 apples cut in thin slices (do not peel them)
- Juice of a lemon
- 3 tbsp organic fir honey
- 50gr of walnuts or pecans coarsely ground
- Blend all the ingredients for the crust in a food processor until it forms a sticky mixture (you may need to add a splash of water or one tbs of coconut oil, in case your mixture is not sticky enough).
- Then add it to a tart pan and form it into a crust. Put it in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, we mix the filling materials in the food processor and spread the mixture on the base. Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Before you serve it, heat the honey/maple syrup, add the lemon juice and put the apple slices inside (the lemon helps the apple not to become brown).
- Put the slices on the tart, add the walnuts/pecans and serve!
- Eat immediately or keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
It's that easy!
Molecular biologist - nutritionist