Happiness is to spend a winter afternoon with good friends in Arahova. drinking hot coffee, chatting beside the lit fireplace and baking the most delicious Christmas cookies.
Being with friends is my favorite time and they always ask me to make or bake something for them (they complain I only do it for the blog) so I had the idea to bake something that smells like Christmas, something that is easy and tasty, something that we can bake altogether having fun (you should try this with your children or your friends-it works!). So I came up with the idea to make gingerbread cookies.
Healthy as always, very nutritious and tasty, soft, chewy and they smell like heaven. They are super easy to make (10 minutes are super enough). You will only need one bowl, some quite simple ingredients, one oven and good company to share and to have fun with. Gluten-free (no flour) and refined sugar-free (but you will need coconut sugar and molasses) and quite delicious.
This smell of spices like ginger and cinnamon are so irresistible. Is there a better cookie to accompany your coffee or tea?
These chewy gingerbread cookies are also a very good idea as a healthy snack for your kids, at home or at school. The perfect healthy Christmas treat!
So, I quit writing and start baking!
Materials (for 20 medium cookies):
- 2 medium organic eggs
- 110gr molasses
- 100gr coconut sugar
- 200gr almond flour
- 50gr coconut flour
- 80gr coconut oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 and sweet grated ginger
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add molasses, coconut oil, coconut sugar, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla and stir well to create a paste.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder to your mixture Stir well.
- In a small bowl put a little cinnamon and a little coconut sugar to sprinkle your cookies before baking, giving them extra flavor (optional).
- With a spoon, take a quantity of the mixture and roll between your hands until you form balls. Then pour into the bowl of cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- In the meanwhile, prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- When you finish with your cookies, place them on the baking sheet and tap them with your hands to flatten them a little bit.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. If you want softer and chewing, bake 1-2 minutes less because they tighten after the end of baking.
- Remove from the oven and leave them to cool before serving (if you can resist).
- Store in an airtight bowl for up to 5 days.
Molecular biologist - nutritionist