Apple is one of our favourite winter fruits and definitely a fruit that we use a lot in the kitchen.
There are tons of apple pie recipes but we will make probably the simplest one. It's ideal for when you don't have a lot of time or when you just want to use the extra apples you have in the fridge in a creative way.
We'll need a few ingredients and you'll love the result. It makes a perfect dessert and breakfast too!
- 6 red apples
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable butter (I used coconut )
- 2 tablespoons of greek raisins
- 40 gr of dark stevia chocolate cut in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
- 70 gr of oat
- 2 tea spoons of cinnamon
- Peel the apples and cut them in pieces
- In a deep pan, we melt the coconut butter and brown the apples pieces.
- Add the oats, the cinnamon, the raisins and the walnuts and stir well.
- Place the mix in a fireproof pan and sprinkle the chocolate pieces
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes at 180c.
- Served warm as a healthy dessert.
- You can also top it on yogurt as breakfast or snack during the day
- You can add any dry nut you like (the combination I used of walnuts and raisins is the most common) and of course you can reduce or increase the amount of cinnamon. I love it so I usually add extra amount at serving.
- Its perfectly combined with warm wine. Just heat some red wine, add some cinnamon, honey and a pinch of carnation!