Today I'm gonna share with you one of my favorite recipes.
Let's make a healthy version of brownies! If you love sweets, like I do, this recipe will help you enjoy them guilt free!
The brownies we are making today are vegan friendly (no eggs or dairy used) refined sugar free but at the same time they are really tasty and can be also gluten free.
So let's do this!
The main ingredients are cocoa powder, (no sugar added), almond butter and maple syrup.You find this a bit weird? I promise you, it works! And it works really well.
These brownies can be the perfect breakfast for you, in case you don't have time to make one, or breakfast for your kids, combined with a glass of milk. You may also give them as a snack for school!
I made these brownies last weekend, watching movies with some friends at home and I reassure you, they loved them. In fact, they didn’t leave a piece behind. A quick and easy snack recipe to satisfy that sweet tooth cravings immediately!
Dark, rich and sweet, these brownies are going to steal your heart.
Ingredients (for 6 big brownies):
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups almond butter (you may substitute for peanut-butter, I prefer almond butter because it gives a milder taste to the brownies)
- 1 cup maple syrup or agave syrup
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour, if you prefer)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- Dark Vegan Chocolate chopped and walnuts for the topping
- Preheat your oven to 180o C and line a pan with parchment paper (leave some extra paper on the edges so that you can pull your brownies out easily).
- Combine the almond butter, the cocoa powder, maple syrup and coconut oil to a bowl and whisk well. You may need to put in a microwave for a few seconds.
- Then add the flour, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and top with the chopped chocolate.
- At this step, you may add walnuts or almonds or hazelnuts (coarsely chopped) inside your mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into pieces. You may put them in the fridge for a few minutes, for best results when cutting.
- Top with whatever you want and enjoy them!
Molecular biologist - nutritionist