Now , that is an amazing and healthy sweet!
I'm so happy with this recipe that I've been making the past few months.
I found it in the web and I have my own twists so that it would match my own preferences. That's what I think all of us should do as far as cooking is concerned because it is truly a very creative process.
What I really love about this recipe is that the taste of brownies is really similar to that of the original recipe but without the refined sugar, the flour or the butter!
The secret ingredient of the recipe is the sweet potato that has a low glycemic index and does miracles in pastry!
It might sound weird using sweet potatoes but once you taste it you will love the result and the texture.
So here are the ingredients::
For the brownies you will need:
- 1 sweet potato (400 gr)
- 9 pitted dates
- 5 table spoon organic fir honey
- 80 gr of grated almond
- 1 1/2 table spoon of coconut oil
- a pinch of salt
- 80 gr of grated oats
- 5 table spoons of raw cacao
- 1/XNUMX tea spoon of vanilla extract
For the banana chocolate sauce you will need:
- 1 banana
- 2 table spoons of coconut oil
- 2 table spoons of almond butter
- 2 table spoons of raw cacao
- 1 or 2 tea spoons of organic fir honey (depends on the sweetness you desire)
- Preheat the oven at 180 C
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into chunks and place them into a steamer or boil them until they become super soft.
- Once they are ready, remove them. If you have boiled them, place them on a paper towel so that the extra water gets absorbed and your dough won't get very wet.
- Add the sweet potatoes and the dates in a mixer until a orange cream is formed.
- In another bowl, mix the other ingredients of the brownies and add them in the mixer with the sweet potato and dates cream.
- Place the dough in a middle size pan and bake for 45-XNUMX minutes. Brownies will be ready when you stick a fork in the dough and it come out clean.
Make the banana chocolate sauce while the brownies are in the oven.
Mix all the ingredients in the mixer and place them in a pan with medium heat, while you stir the cream that has formed. Don't let the mix boil.
Remove from the heat, let it rest for XNUMX minutes and place it in the fridge so that it firms.
When the brownies are ready, take them out of the oven and let them cool.
Once they are completely cool, spread the banana and chocolate icing on top and cut into square pieces.
Enjoy the healthiest and most delicious brownies you've had!