This is officially my favorite season for soups. It is the ultimate must for nights at home or as a first dish for friends and dinner.
Especially now that the weather begins to cool, there is no better than one warm creamy soup pumpkin soup! This recipe is simple, perfectly hygienic but very delicious. No spice or other strange exotic materials. Just simple ingredients and yet it will be so delicious that you will not stop eating it. Warm, light and with a sweet taste of sweet pumpkin!
The only ones you will need are pumpkin, onion, garlic, a carrot, a potato and vegetable broth. For the end, you will need some milk (vegetable or not) or cream for extra flavor (optional).
The pumpkin is considered for many as a festive decorative plant but the truth is far from it. Pumpkin is a plant a lot rich in vitamins and minerals and at the same time very low in calories. It can be used in both salty and sweet recipes with great ease (soups, salads, desserts, cakes etc.).
Pumpkin is widely known for multiple health benefits. It is very rich in fiber and β-carotene, which gives the pumpkin its shiny orange color. B-carotene is a very potent antioxidant, which in our body is converted to vitamin A. Many scientific studies suggest that eating foods rich in β-carotene may reduce the risk of obesity, coronary artery disease, diabetes and cancer but and significantly delay the aging process. In addition, foods like pumpkin work against asthma and increase blood pressure. The high content of pumpkin in vitamin C, potassium and edible fibers helps to promote overall good health, heart and eye health, but also to reduce the incidence of colorectal cancer.
For all of the above reasons, let's start preparing the most delicious and healthy pumpkin velvet!
- 1 kilo pumpkin sweet, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 1 onion fresh, cut
- 1 carrot cut
- 1 potato / sweet potato small, cut
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 vegetable broth mugs
- 1 water cup
- 2 tsp extra virgin organic olive oil
- ½ crushed nutmeg
- ½. Sweet coriander
- 1 cognac
- Crouton for garnish
- Salt of Messolonghi and pepper
- Put the pumpkin, onion, garlic, carrot and potato in a pot with broth and water.
- Let it boil, without lid.
- Add the spices (coriander, cumin, nutmeg).
- Once boiled, reduce the heat and let it sprinkle until the materials are softened.
- Remove from the fire and with a hand mixer (if you do not, use a blender just make sure your soup has cooled slightly), mash the soup very well.
- Add salt and pepper.
- At this point you can add milk or cream - ½ cup - for thicker texture and extra flavor (I used a little coconut milk).
- Divide into individual bowls and garnish with croutons, extra virgin olive oil, fresh rosemary leaves and 1. Yoghurt soup.
- Cook the pumpkin along with the onion and garlic so that they can also be pulled in the end. It will give extra flavor to your recipe.
- You can use that milk / cream you want or even avoid it completely.
- Keep the soup left in a bowl in your refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- If desired, you can add pieces of sautéed bacon, which will add enough calories to your dish.
Molecular biologist - nutritionist