I always look for ways to make healthy foods that do not reminisce about the words "diet", "deprivation" and "immobile".
And it can actually happen!
By using top quality ingredients and my imagination.
You have to think smart in order to combine ingredients with different textures that give you an amazing result and make it possible for you (and your kids) to love healthy food.
That's exactly what I did in this "risotto" recipe that includes some of the most important cereals, fruits and nuts.
I've also used turmeric, cumin and coriander and the result is absolutely amazing!
As far as cereals are concerned, what I do is to mix in a jar that closes well, paddy buckwheat, barley, rye and oat all of which have nutrients and can be stored for a long time.
For this Indian style risotto you will need:
- 1 cup of the cereal combo
- a double handful of raw cashews, cut in pieces
- a double handful of raisins
- 5 dates, cut in pieces
- 1 tea spoon of turmeric
For the sauce:
- some fleur de sel
- 2 table spoons of organic balsamic vinegar
- 4 table spoons of organic olive oil
- 1 table spoon of mustard
- 1/2 tea spoon of cumin
a pinch of coriander
- Wash the cereals well and boil them in turmeric water until they get soft (it will take about 30 min)
- Drain them without washing them again and let them dry. The turmeric will give them a yellowish color.
- Mix them in a bowl with the cashews, the raisins and the dates.
- In another bowl, add the sauce ingredients and stir well until the texture becomes creamy.
- Mix the risotto with the sauce and make sure that all the ingredients get wet.
Your super healthy risotto is ready and I'm sure you will love it!
- If you don't want to consume all the risotto, before adding the sauce, you can store some in the fridge, and use it when needed. That way your risotto will stay fresh and crunchy.
- You can use any type of cereal you want but I wouldn't suggest quinoa in this recipe because it needs less cooking time than the other cereals and it will probably be overcooked.