Spring is here but even though the weather is warmer in Greece, it's always a good time for a cup of hot chocolate.
I spent all winter having this warm cup of chocolate after the shows, to calm my body before I went to sleep.
The following is one of my favorite hot chocolate recipes because although it is a hygiene version of the beverage, it's incredibly tasty and rich in texture.
This is due to almond butter and organic fir honey that give both aroma and thickness to the texture of the drink.
I have always believed that healthy nutrition can be combined with amazing taste and this drink is a real example.
For 1 hot chocolate mug you will need:
- 1 cup of almond milk (about 250-300 ml)
- 2 tea spoons of raw cacao
- 1 1/2 tea spoons of organic fir honey
- 1 1/2 tea spoons of almond butter
- 1/2 tea spoon of cinnamon
In a saucepan add all the ingredients and in moderate heat begin to heat the mixture. Stir well until the almond butter melts and does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
Take the pan off the heat before it comes to boil and enjoy your drink warm!
- If you are sensitive to caffeine, it is best not to consume it at night as there is a small amount of caffeine in the cacao.
- Don't use the microwave to heat the ingredients because it doesn't allow you to stir while they it is warming up.
- You can replace the almond milk with cow milk if you wish, the result will be very close to taste.
- Milk and almond butter are rich in plant proteins and good vegetable fats and cocoa has antioxidants. Combined with organic honey that is full of vitamins, an unlikely nutritional combination is created that gives the body the energy it needs!
- If you are a vegan, instead of honey use agave syrup or dill that is of plant origin.
I'm sure you will enjoy the result!