I am a big fan of superfoods and I always try to find new ways to use them in my every day recipes.
My kitchen is full of all different types of superfoods and I never stop testing new flavours and textures. I always considered cooking to be a joyful experiment and I love healthy ingredients that make delicious recipes.
My favourite superfoods are chia seeds, quinoa, flaxseed, almonds, cranberries, raisins, cocoa and goji berries!
So, in this recipe , I decided to combine some of them!
They are ideal as a snack and as a healthy and full of energy breakfast.
It's a very simple recipe, just keep in mind that the texture of the dough before putting it into the oven should be chewy to make it soft and delicious.
With this dough you can make about 9-12 cookies, depending on the size you wish to give them.
- 170 gr unsalted almonds
- 1 tea spoons of almond butter
- 18 dates
- 1 tea spoon of chia seeds
- 40 gr. cranberries, without any added sugar
- 4 table spoons of almond milk
Place all the ingredients (except cranberries) in a mixer until they become a chewy dough.
You may need to stop mixing, stir the ingredients with a spoon and mix them again until they are well combined.
If the mixture is too moist, add some almonds, while if it is too dry and doesn't roll in your hands, add some almond milk.
Add the cranberries and mix again for a few seconds.
The dough will be ready when the texture of biscuits can form a ball in your hands and doesn't fall apart.
Press each ball in your hands and give them the shape of a plated biscuit. Place it on a non-stick paper.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 15 minutes. (Until they become golden)
Let them cool and enjoy one of the healthiest and most delicious biscuits you've tried!
- If you don't have any almond butter, just increase the amount of unsalted almonds. (Instead of 170 gr, use 190 gr)
- Chia seeds, cranberries and almonds concentrate in large quantities antioxidants, protein, fiber and vitamin E. Biscuits with superfoods are a great way for you and your children to consume superfoods, without feeling you're on a diet!
- You can replace cranberries with raisins that are just as tasty! Try your own favorite dry fruits in the recipe and enjoy the process.