The superfoods and I always try to find new ways to use them in my every day recipes.
That's what I do! I have a lot of them in my kitchen and try each other in recipes in different ways. Cooking is above all play and as every toy requires imagination and courage.
My favourite superfoods are chia seeds, quinoa, flaxseed, almonds, cranberries, raisins, cocoa and goji berries!
So, in this recipe , I decided to combine some of them!
What I can tell you for sure is that they are much nicer than they look in the picture and they are ideal for breakfast, but also for snacks in the day.
It's a very simple recipe, just keep in mind that the texture of the dough before putting it into the oven should be chewy to make it soft and delicious.
The amount of this recipe draws about 9-12 cookies, depending on the size you wish to have.
- 170 gr. unsalted almonds
- 1 and others almond butter
- 18 dates
- 1 tea spoon of chia seeds
- 40 gr. cranberries, without added sugar
- 4 and so on. almond milk
Put all the ingredients (except cranberries) in a mixer and tap them until they are homogenized and create a gummy dough.
You may need to stop to mix the mixture in the mixer and hit it again to melt all the ingredients well.
If the mixture is too moist, add a little more almonds, while if it is too dry and do not roll, add a little more almond milk.
Fill the cranberries and mix equally to incorporate them into the dough.
You will understand that the texture of biscuits is correct when the mixture can form a ball in your hands and does not dissolve.
Press each baler in your hand to take the shape of a plated biscuit and place it on a non-stick paper.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 15 minutes. (Until they become golden)
Let them cool and enjoy one of the healthiest and most delicious biscuits you've tried!
- If you don't have any almond butter, just increase the amount of unsalted almonds. (Instead of 170 gr, use 190 gr)
- Chia seeds, cranberries and almonds concentrate in large quantities antioxidants, protein, fiber and vitamin E. Biscuits with superfoods are a great way for you and your children to consume superfoods, without feeling you're on a diet!
- You can replace cranberries with raisins that are just as tasty! Try your own favorite dry fruits in the recipe and enjoy the process.