with vegetables and yogurt dressing.
How many of us are looking for something healthy to eat during our lunchtime at work?
How many of us are sick of eating junk food again and again?
How many of us cannot follow a healthy diet because we are working till late and can't have a healthy lunch?
The last few days, many people ask me for food they can make at home and take with them at work, that will be tasty and will keep them full till dinner time. They ask for something easy to make, that won't cost a lot of money and that will be healthy enough for their everyday life.
Let’s be honest, if we get hungry at work we often make unhealthy choices and eat junk food, full of empty calories and low nutrition value.
It is better, though, to prepare our lunch in the morning (or even from the previous night) that we'll eat during the day.
In this post, we will make a whole-wheat wrap with tuna fillet, vegetables and a healthy dressing made with low fat Greek yogurt, mustard, balsamic vinegar and spices.
This plate is actually healthy because it consists of non-starchy vegetables, low glycemic index carbs (whole wheat grains), proteins (tuna-low content in saturated fat) and healthy fats (olive oil and tuna fish).
You will need:
- 1 whole wheat wrap (big size)
- 1 tuna (in water-drained)
- 1 cup vegetables cut in pieces (cucumber, cherry-tomatoes, lettuce, carrot, arugula etc.)
- 1 tbsp raisins
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp of low-fat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 1 tbsp. organic balsamic vinegar from Nemea
- 1 tsp of organic extra virgin olive oil from Crete,
- Black pepper
- Sweet paprika
- Mesolongi fleur de sel
- Other spices of your choice
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl.
- Then add the drained tuna fillet and the raisins and mix well until everything is combined and you have a super-yummy tuna salad.
- Open the wrap and put some of the vegetables in it. Then add the tuna salad on top and wrap it tightly. Cut it in the middle and place it in an airtight container.
- Don’t forget to put the remaining vegetables in the bowl so you can have a side-salad too. Feel free to add some of the tuna salad dressing on the vegetables or just add a little bit of olive oil and vinegar.
It is the most delicious and healthy wrap you have ever tasted. Without unnecessary calories from mayonnaise or other non-healthy sauces found in the market. I love having it for a light dinner too!
This wrap is absolutely healthy and provides you with only XNUMX-XNUMX kcal. It will keep you full without feeling bloated. This wrap is an easy solution for meal at work and a very good idea for all of you that you care about your overall health, your diet and you want to know exactly what you consume.
Good luck and enjoy!
Molecular biologist - nutritionist