If you're a fan of coffee like me, then you get me.
The first thing I do when I wake up is to turn on the coffee machine.
I love all types of coffee and its aroma just makes me happy!
So, while looking for new ideas in the internet, I made this coffee and turmeric drink that has become my absolute favorite! It's really simple to make and at the same time it 's delicious and really healthy.
And that's because turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer abilities.
It is very much used in Indian cuisine (it is a basic ingredient of curry) but with so much health benefits it must definitely get into yours.
It prevents and treats colds, reduces inflammation, reduces blood sugar levels, and speeds healing of wounds.
It is one of the most powerful spices of nature and it is very easy to find it in the market and to include it in your recipes (Try for example to pour a little turmeric on your veggies before you cook them in the oven)
For this drink you will only need:
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 tea spoon of turmeric powder
- 2 tea spoons of organic fir honey
1 espresso ristretto
- In a saucepan, warm the almond milk with turmeric and honey, stirring continuously until the ingredients are homogenized.
- Before the mixture boils, pull it out of the heat and mix the ingredients with a hand mixer, until the foam is formed on the surface and the texture becomes thicker.
- Transfer the beverage to your mug and add the dose of espresso. Stir well and enjoy it warm.
- If you are not familiar with the taste of turmeric, the first time you make the drink, try using lesser quantity so that the result is not too intense.
- Curcuma has a very bright yellowish-orange color, which can easily stain your glass or tongue! (In the past, women used it to color their nails) Don't worry, it is perfectly normal and after a while the color is gone.
- I use our honey in beverages because it is organic (it doesn't have any chemicals) and because honey naturally has a more rich flavor. Of course, you can use any type of honey you want, and increase the dose of the beverage, depending on your taste. I have mine sweet so I use 2 tea spoons in my drink.
- In your beverage you can also use espresso lungo, you can use decaffeinate too if you want to enjoy it in the evening or avoid caffeine.
- Instead of almond milk, you can also use cashew milk (it will make your drink a bit more thick), but it might be more difficult to find in the market.
- If you are a vegan, replace honey with agave or date syrup.