A very healthy and light option for those who do not want to exclude sweets from their diet.
Let's be honest, everyone thinks sweets are unhealthy. That sweets "destroy" a diet, fill us with empty calories and harm our body. Most of them exclude them completely from their diet because they are guilty of consuming them.
The truth stands somewhere in the middle.
Personally, I believe diet does not mean deprivation. Diet means a healthy lifestyle, eating everything in the meantime and choosing the right ones to consume. Instead of a chocolate mousse made with the traditional recipe (otherwise delicious) that will give us too many calories, which we probably will not be able to burn in the day (unless we are runners, or triathletes or professional swimmers), what would you say about a chocolate mousse - really delicious - but very hygienic?
Grab a piece of paper and take notes.
This avocado banana chocolate mousse has 4 main ingredients and is very easy to make. It is also a guilt-free option because:
- The main material is avocado, a fruit with a high content of omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin E
- Bananas are the second major ingredient. Rich in fiber and potassium, and have a great taste.
- Cacao, the magic! It gives the chocolate flavor to the mousse, providing us with antioxidants and minerals.
- Honey. Greek, organic, fir honey. It has a great taste and gives our mousse the sweetness we want.
It is an ideal choice for a chocolate sweet, either you are on a diet, or not. Make it and treat your friends and your family!
- 1,5 ripe very soft avocado
- 2 ripe bananas
- 6 cup of cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 2 and honey soup (add another if you want it even sweeter)
- A pinch of salt
- Melt the avocados in a blender until completely smooth
- Add the bananas and blend again
- Then add the cocoa and milk and beat until the mixture is homogenized. At this point, you can add cinnamon or vanilla extract for more intense flavor (optional).
- We share the mousse in individual bowls and put in the refrigerator to set at least 4 hours.
- Top with fresh fruits (strawberries, blueberries, cranberries) and serve.
Molecular biologist - nutritionist