A very healthy and light option for those who do not want to exclude sweets from their diet.
Let's be honest, everyone thinks sweets are unhealthy. That sweets "destroy" a diet, fill us with empty calories and harm our body. Most of them exclude them completely from their diet because they are guilty of consuming them.
The truth stands somewhere in the middle.
Personally, I believe that diet does not mean deprivation. Diet means a healthy lifestyle, eating all foods in moderation and choosing wisely what to consume and what not. So, instead of eating a chocolate mousse which is made in the traditional recipe (delicious though), which will give us many many calories that we probably will not be able to “burn” in the day (unless we are runners or triathletes, or professional swimmers maybe?), what would you think of a chocolate mousse which is delicious but also very healthy?
Grab a piece of paper and take notes.
This avocado banana chocolate mousse has 4 main ingredients and is very easy to make. It is also a guilt-free option because:
- The main material is avocado, a fruit with a high content of omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin E
- Bananas are the second major ingredient. Rich in fiber and potassium, and have a great taste.
- Cacao, the magic! It gives the chocolate flavor to the mousse, providing us with antioxidants and minerals.
- Honey. Greek, organic, fir honey. It has a great taste and gives our mousse the sweetness we want.
It is an ideal choice for a chocolate sweet, either you are on a diet, or not. Make it and treat your friends and your family!
- 1,5 ripe very soft avocado
- 2 ripe bananas
- 6 tbsp of cacao powder
- ¼ cup of almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 2 tbsp of fir honey (add another one if you want it to be even sweeter)
- A pinch of salt
- Melt the avocados in a blender until completely smooth
- Add the bananas and blend again
- Add the cacao pwder and the milk and blend. At this point, you are free to add cinnamon and/or vanilla extract for extra taste
- Divide the mixture into bowls and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Top with fresh fruits (strawberries, blueberries, cranberries) and serve.
Molecular biologist - nutritionist