HEALTHY BANANA OATMEAL PANCAKES
2 years ago
Who said that healthy is boring? Lets refute this myth and make the most delicious and healthy pancakes you have ever eaten.
They have much fewer calories than the original recipe, they are butter-free, refined sugar-free and they taste so good, you can eat them plain (ok, ok we will have toppings, I promise).
It is the best breakfast or brunch idea to make for your friends and family. They are going to love them.
And yes, they are also guilt free!
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 2 medium size bananas (very very ripe)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan (to which you have sprinkled a minimum of olive oil) on medium to high heat.
- Cook approximately 2 minutes on each side (flip only when the one side is baked).
- Turn carefully from the other side and leave for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Top them with anything you like, just use your imagination. I used organic fir honey and the organic orange- goji berries spread (which is also sugar-free) that I loved.
On top add all the fresh seasonal fruits that you like.
These pancakes are very easy-to-make with ingredients that we all have in our home. The best part is that beside their taste, they are very nutritious and healthy. They provide us with complex carbs, fiber and a generous dose of protein, without the extra calories from the original recipe.
Try them as soon as possible!